Website National Park Service
This position is located in Independence National Historical Park.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, evaluating, and providing overall leadership for a staff of 5 front line supervisors and up to 70 permanent interpreters, 20 seasonal interpreters and interns and Volunteers-in-Park.
- Formulate and execute long- and short-range plans of interpretive activities.
- Serve as the Operations Supervisor in Interpretation and Education responsible for all visitor services provided in all park buildings/areas open to the visiting public.
- Ensure equal opportunity in the selection of employees for training, promotions, awards and recognition, and other career development opportunities.
- Provide input into and review the design of exhibits, waysides, publications, social media, and audiovisual programs to determine their interpretive impact/value/priority.
- Evaluate interpretive ideas presented by others, both NPS and non-NPS, and make recommendations on their appropriateness and/or feasibility of implementation.
- Work with supervisors to help staff develop programming, revise outlines, and develop social media posts and other activities to engage visitors.
- Plan for and manage all hiring of permanent interpreters and seasonal staff (using multiple hiring authorities).
- Assist the Deputy Division Chief, Education Specialist, and Interpretive Specialists in developing divisional/Branch interpretive projects and annual goals and in achieving those goals.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of all interpretive programming and activities and ensures that all duty stations, advertised programs, and special attention requests or events are adequately covered and staffed.
- Must meet Selective Service Registration Act requirement for males.
- Appointment subject to background investigation and favorable adjudication.
- Any individual who is currently holding, or has held within the previous 52 weeks, a General Schedule position under non-temporary appointment in the competitive or excepted service, must meet time-in-grade requirements (must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade or equivalent in the Federal service). Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement. Time-In-Grade requirements also apply to former Federal civilian employees applying for reinstatement.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Selectee will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit Electronics Funds Transfer Program.
Company: National Park Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A