Website National Park Service
This position is located in Independence National Historical Park, in the Asset & Preservation Maintenance Division.
- The Supply Technician will be responsible for ordering, receiving, maintaining, and delivering stock and inventory for the Division of Asset Preservation & Maintenance (APM). The incumbent’s responsibilities include performing supply functions, resolving procurement discrepancies, and maintaining sufficient inventories. Incumbent will be expected to work in a team atmosphere, communicate with park staff, and work effectively across APM’s work groups. Must be skilled in spreadsheets, word processing, email, on-line programs, etc. Must work and communicate effectively with others and demonstrate excellent communication skills while sometimes working under stressful and difficult conditions. Perform records management and filing duties. Conduct annual formal and informal property inventory verification. Use computer running Windows operating systems to perform office automation functions including maintaining tracking logs and central files; typing correspondence Work is typically indoors, but may walk, in a variety of weather conditions to and from shop building and management office. Work requires lifting of moderately heavy items up to 50 pounds in weight. A valid driver’s license is required.
- Selectee will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit Electronics Funds Transfer Program.
- Appointment subject to background investigation and favorable adjudication.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Any individual who is currently holding, or has held within the previous 52 weeks, a General Schedule position under non-temporary appointment in the competitive or excepted service, must meet time-in-grade requirements (must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade or equivalent in the Federal service). Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement. Time-In-Grade requirements also apply to former Federal civilian employees applying for reinstatement as well as current employees applying for Veterans Employment Opportunities Act of 1998 (VEOA) appointment.
- Meet Selective Service Registration Act requirement for males.
Company: National Park Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A