Website National Weather Service
This position is located in the National Weather Service (NWS), Radar Operations Center (ROC), with one vacancy in Norman, OK. Learn more about this agency
As an IT Specialist (APPSW), you will perform the following duties:
- Verify release software and documentation and work with contractor support personnel to support software release kit development, shipping, and implementation tracking for Next Generation Weather Radar (NEXRAD) Radar Data Acquisition (RDA)/ Radar Product Generator (RPG), Supplemental Product Generator (SPG), Next Generation National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Profile Network (NGNPN) and all other Radar Operations Center (ROC) supported computer systems.
- Generate software builds for all ROC supported computer systems, including RDA, RPG, SPG, NGNPN, and National Level II.
- Develop and maintain the configuration management (CM) Linux software development environments necessary to generate software for all supported systems.
- Develop, implement, and maintain the processes and procedures necessary to support generation and modification of site unique data to include geographic background maps, and terrain blockage and adaptation data parameters used in the supported computer systems.
- Develop policies and procedures for the developed software.
- The duties described are at the full performance level of the GS-12 grade; the duties at the GS-11 are developmental leading to the GS-12 level.
- Travel Required Occasional travel
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National to apply.
- Required to pass a background investigation and fingerprint check. Must be suitable for Federal employment.
- Must be registered for Selective Service, if applicable (www.sss.gov). Qualifications requirements must be met by closing date of announcement.
Company: National Weather Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Sales
Job Location: Norman, OK, US
Application Deadline: N/A