Website US Navy
You will serve as a RESOURCE MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST in the DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY to include work sites of Portsmouth Naval Shipyard, Puget Sound Naval Shipyard, Norfolk Naval Shipyard, Trident Refit Facility Bangor, Trident Refit Facility Kings Bay, and Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard and Intermediate Maintenance Facility.
- You will be responsible for scheduling and managing the training and medical qualification program for the shop(s).
- You will prepare and distribute reports using computer databases that include information such as leave, overtime, back shift assignments, license status and training qualifications and schedules.
- You will evaluate short and long term work schedules to identify and coordinate training and medical and work qualification requirements.
- You will coordinate new employee hiring including setting up interviews, initial indoctrination training, and shop specific training.
- You will work with shops, codes, departments and projects in identifying resource or manning requirements.
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
Company: US Navy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Norfolk, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A