Website US Navy
You will serve as a Nuclear Engineer in the Nuclear Propulsion Directorate of the NAVSEA HQ FIELD SUPPORT. You will be performing professional engineering and scientific work involving designing, developing, testing, evaluating, installing, operating, or maintaining of enterprise applications.
- You will ensure compliance with emerging regulations and policies from the federal government, Department of Defense (DoD(), and Department of Energy (DOE) that affect Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program enterprise applications.
- You will set priorities for work being performed by the various activities to ensure that important decisions are being made in a timely manner to support overall schedules.
- You will coordinate with other technical divisions, project managers, business support divisions, and senior management to ensure delivered products fully support Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program operations.
- You will serve as a recognized consultant and a senior technical expert.
- You will provide technical direction and oversight of various government laboratories, prime contractors, shipyard design agents, and on-site contractor personnel in support of naval nuclear propulsion plants.
- You will initiate, direct, and be responsible for oversight and execution of new initiatives including the implementation of new techniques, concepts, and approaches at Naval Reactors Headquarters (HRHQ) and field activities.
- You will be responsible for the overall design, development, testing, evaluation, procurement, installation, operation and maintenance of enterprise applications used by Naval Nuclear Propulsion headquarters, field office and contractor personnel.
- You will serve at the direction of senior management in a technical advisory capacity, and as a personal representative in meetings, panels, task forces, and conferences with other federal agencies, state agencies, and other stakeholders.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must be a US Citizen.
Company: US Navy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A