Serves as an Invoice Audit Clerk with responsibility for examining and processing direct delivery accounting documents for payment of vendor invoices for retail, services or expense items.
- Responsible for properly maintaining department files located in central filing area. Ensures correspondence is initiated for problem match files and follow up is performed.
- Audits end of month accrual report for departments assigned. Checks for accuracy and corrects discrepancies or submits to supervisor for correction, as appropriate.
- Examines and processes for payment, vendor invoices for retail, services or expense items for specifically assigned departments following established procedures. Contacts vendors, buyers or Exchange locations as necessary to resolve delays or discrepancies. Sorts audited work into specific order for submission to data entry to ensure invoices are paid according to the Prompt Payment Act.
- Responsible for answering vendor correspondence in departments assigned.
- Works under the general supervision of a designated supervisor, who provides procedural instructions, advice and assistance in connection with problems. Work is reviewed in terms of effectiveness of operations and adherence to instructions and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Audits for accuracy, data in delivery tickets and report of goods received. Forwards audited documents to data entry for payment.
- Conducts search of records and files when discrepancies exist in order to reconcile data. As necessary, contacts procurement, Exchange locations or vendors to resolve discrepancies. Initiates correspondence to effect necessary adjustments and corrections.
- Carries out policy of customer service. Ensures quality customer service is provided to vendors, Exchange locations, and fellow associates.
- Exercises tact, good manners, and courtesy.
- One year of responsible clerical experience that demonstrated the ability to research, examine and review correspondence.
- One year of experience in clerical or office work of any kind that demonstrated the ability to perform the duties of the position satisfactorily.
- One-half academic year (15 credit hours) of study above the high school level may be substituted for each 6 months of general and specialized experience. Education substituted for specialized experience should include 6 credit hours per year (30 credits) of business administration or accounting related courses.
Company: Navy Exchange Service Command (NEXCOM)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Norfolk, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A