Website US Navy
Navy Child and Youth Programs (CYP) offers early care and youth services in center-based (birth to five), facility-based (age 5-12), and recreational environments (teen; youth sports and fitness). CYP Operations Clerk are front line representatives and administrative liaisons. They manage the CYP waitlist, coordinate enrollment, oversee recordkeeping, and collect parent fees in addition to a variety of data processing systems. Learn more about us at https://www.navycyp.org.
- Completes a daily activity report and ensures proper deposit of funds in accordance with established cash handling procedures.
- Ensures that all USDA food program records are accurate, up-to-date and readily available.
- Takes telephone calls and responds to inquiries, referring calls to supervisor or other personnel when appropriate.
- Responsible for monitoring all supplies and resources. Notifies supervisor of items that need to be ordered.
- Provides front desk coverage, logs children in and out of the facility, and informs and answers questions regarding programs and services, patron financial obligations, waiting lists, events, and policies and procedures.
- Collects fees and charges and records payments in accordance with proper procedures. Notifies supervisor of all delinquent payments.
- Ensures child registration and enrollment paperwork is complete and current.
- Assists with dissemination of information to CDH providers regarding training schedules, certification process, application status, and USDA reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of military CDC, CDH, SAC, YP, R&R and the USDA Food Programs.
- Knowledge of general office automation software, practices and procedures in order to accomplish various work assignments.
- Knowledge of administrative support functions.
- 1 year of administrative experience OR a 2 year or higher administrative related degree.
- Ability to maintain accurate reports and records and military style documents.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Skill in cash handling required.
- Ability to maintain a computerized database. Working knowledge of computer keyboard and Child and Youth Management System (CYMS) or equivalent database system.
Company: US Navy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Corpus Christi, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A