Website US Navy
The selectee for this position will serve as as Electrical Engineer in the Operations Division, Public Works Department, Camp Lemonnier, Djibouti, Africa of NAVAL FACILITIES ENG COMMAND ATLANTIC.
- Analyze contract drawings and specifications to determine the extent of the contractor’s responsibility under the provisions of the contract.
- Prepare government estimates used in negotiating cost of approved changes.
- Develop projects that require improvisation, ingenuity, and a high degree of technical judgment related to electrical or mechanical engineering.
- Perform design review of construction drawings and specifications for electrical systems, such as primary systems (5-35KV class serial and underground), secondary systems (0-600 volt, interior and exterior), transformers, etc.
- Perform contract-related services such as writing scope of work, estimating, site surveys, contractor selection, negotiation, performance monitoring, product or design review, evaluation for bids, inspection, and acceptance.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify/.
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
Company: US Navy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Charleston, SC, US
Application Deadline: N/A