You will serve as a EDUCATION SERVICES SPECIALIST for the NAVY RECRUITING DISTRICT, DENVER.
- You will organize Educator Orientation Visits for District educators, which includes planning and arranging itineraries, coordinating attendance, arranging transportation, and maintaining records of receipts and expenses.
- You will establish liaison with education officials and employment representatives to raise awareness of Navy occupational programs and to promote the Navy as a career option for the civilian community.
- You will provide orientation and training to Navy Recruiting personnel on alternative education credential certification and verification process, school access, directory information, use of school folders, and Center of Influence projects.
- You will maintain detailed records of all schools served to include status of accessibility, directory information acquisition, ASVAB scheduling and testing, dates of recent visits and POC contact information.
- You will facilitate recruiter access to high schools and post-secondary institutions by accompanying them on visits whenever possible.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Walking on ships and climbing ladders are required during Educator Orientation Visits.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Extensive automobile and some air travel is required.
- Work is performed in an office setting at the district or field offices and includes visits to recruiting stations, high schools, colleges and universities, employment development agencies, military shore installations and ships.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Per E.O. 14043, selectee(s) must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by 11/22/2021 or date of employment (which ever comes later) except in
- limited circumstances where an exception is approved due to a disability or sincerely held religious beliefs.
- Some lifting of materials (weight approx. 25 pounds) is required.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- Must be a US Citizen.
Company: US Navy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Colorado Springs, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A