Website US Navy
You will serve as a CONTRACT SPECIALIST in the ACQUISITION BRANCH in the OTH REMOTE CONSTRUCTION BRANCH of NAVAL FACILITIES ENG COMMAND ATLANTIC.
- Analyze price cost data for pre-award and post-award procurement activities.
- Conduct price and cost analysis to determine reasonableness of price to make recommendations for the award.
- Monitor contract performance, prepare modifications, and determine the necessary course of action to resolve issues impacting contract performance.
- Prepare price negotiation memoranda and reports.
- Advise requestors during pre-solicitation phase on the use of different types of contracts and different pricing mechanisms.
- Develop new and innovative approaches to acquisition strategies, negotiation, and terms and conditions tailored to unique requirements to resolve future acquisition problems.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify/.
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- This position is covered under the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA). You must be certified as a Career Field C Level III. If you are not certified you must achieve certification within 24 months of appointment.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
Company: US Navy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Pueblo, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A