Website US Navy
You will serve as a NUCLEAR ENGINEER in the Nuclear Propulsion Directorate within the HQ of NAVSEA HQ FIELD SUPPORT, located in Washington, D.C. You will be performing professional engineering and scientific work involving training, processes, instruments, and systems used in nuclear powered submarines, aircraft carriers and moored training ships.
- You will be analyzing new engineering concepts to solve a variety of naval nuclear propulsion technical problems.
- You will be facilitating the planning of long range or short goals.
- You will be researching administrative or fiscal policies, procedures, or practices to manage technical problems.
- You will be evaluating naval nuclear propulsion processes to confirm compliance with safety regulations, guidelines or specifications.
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify/.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- Positions filled may require Top Secret, Top Secret (SCI), you will be notified at the time of selection the security requirement.
- You may be required to travel on short notice and for an extended period of time.
- Positions filled may require Temporary Duty (TDY) travel approximately 65% of the time.
- You may be required to complete training, obtain, and maintain a government credit card for travel and travel-related purchases.
- You may be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment physical examination.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment may be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or pass the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- Must be a US Citizen.
Company: US Navy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A