Website US Navy
The selectees of this position will serve as a CONTRACT SPECIALIST, NAVSEA Headquarters Contracts Directorate within the HQ of NAVSEA HQ FIELD SUPPORT located in Washington, D.C.
- You will use negotiation techniques to meet and reach agreement with a proposed contractor on the price and performance terms, and to set forth all these terms in a procurement document.
- You will utilize post-award contracting procedures to oversee or ensure compliance within the organization.
- You will develop and implement recommendations and solutions to contract problems.
- You will complete cost and/or price analysis techniques to evaluate cost and/or price proposals for contract changes.
- You will coordinate and liaise with internal and external customers across a broad spectrum of government employees.
- You may be required to travel on short notice and for an extended period of time.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- You may be required to complete ethics orientation within three months of appointment and submit a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, OGE-450, within 30 days of appointment.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify/.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- This position is covered under the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA). You must be certified as a Career Field in
- Contracting, Level III. If you are not certified you must achieve certification within 24 months of appointment.
- Positions filled may require Temporary Duty (TDY) travel approximately 65% of the time.
- You may be required to complete training, obtain, and maintain a government credit card for travel and travel-related purchases.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
Company: US Navy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A