Website US Navy
Full- or Part-Time (Seeking fully trained, U.S. board-certified & licensed Surgeons for full- or part-time positions) (U.S. categorically-matched residents may also apply and be eligible for other incentives) Navy medicine has opportunities for Surgeons to serve America’s Navy for full or part time duty. Navy surgeons typically enjoy an accelerated career track, with opportunities to care for the medical needs of the brave men and women who serve our country, their families and other beneficiaries who have served. It’s a great responsibility—and an honor—of the highest order. The rewards for meeting such challenges are, of course, also great. Navy health-care offers the ability to focus on the finer points of medicine in state of the art facilities, without the financial and business complications of a private practice. Start-up costs, malpractice insurance, staffing concerns, equipment, and office management don’t exist for Navy surgeons. As a physician in the Navy, you’ll have ample opportunity to see the world. It really is the best of both of worlds. You serve your country — you stay true to yourself. Take some time for yourself and enjoy the sights and sounds of places such as Italy, Spain, Japan or other locations around the globe and United States. You may also, take part in humanitarian relief efforts stateside and around the world collaborating with fellow military doctors and other health care professionals, while partnering with International Relief Teams and organizations, such as FEMA, USAID, and Project Hope.
- Blended Retirement System with Thrift Savings Plan and retirement benefits after 20 years of qualifying service
- Part time may qualify for up to $50K bonus per year or loan repayment of up to $40K per year ($250K cap).
- Travel – Travel Space Available on military aircrafts from certain military bases at a low fee
- Must be a US Citizen, currently practicing (licensed & board certified/eligible), and meet our physical, legal, security screening, & credential requirements.
- Base Facilities, Commissary, and Exchange access – Have access to recreational facilities and exchanges
- Post 9/11 GI Bill – Provides educational benefits to fulfill your educational needs
- Home Loans – Department of Veterans Affairs Home Loan Guarantee Program
- Full time may qualify for up to a $400K bonus and other financial incentives.
- Health Insurance – Enroll in Tricare Health Care for you and your family with little or no premiums
- Dependent Identification Cards – Dependents access to commissary, exchange, and recreation facilities
- Dental Insurance – Enroll you and your family in Tricare Dental with low monthly premiums
- Serviceman’s Group Life Insurance – $400,000
Company: US Navy
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Roanoke, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A