Website State of North Carolina
The School has an opening for a 2nd Shift Registered Nurse. This is a 10-month position, working SUNDAY through THURSDAY that follows the Eastern NC School for the Deaf academic calendar. This Registered Nurse position will provide professional nursing care to all students enrolled at ENCSD in accordance with standard nursing practice and theory as outlined in the NC Board of Nursing Practice Act, agency regulations, policies, procedure, and physician orders. This position’s purpose is to maximize the quantity of in-class time by reducing the incidence of health-related absenteeism; eliminate or minimize health problems which may impair learning, promote student/staff and community awareness of and participation in healthy behaviors.
- Ability to communicate information to patients, families and staff in a concise and descriptive manner, verbally, in writing or by demonstration.
- Ability to demonstrate patience in dealing with patients, clients, and families.
- Ability to provide patient and family education on disease processes, treatment and self-care.
- Knowledge of medications and the physiological effect of those medications.
- Ability to guide and counsel subordinate staff and provide feedback and advice/counsel to nursing staff on care rendered to patients.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to independently plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.
- Ability to lead a team; skill in delegation and making assignments.
- Knowledge of laws, rules and regulations governing the provision of nursing care.
- Knowledge of professional principles, practices and theory of nursing and its application.
Company: State of North Carolina
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Wilmington, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A