Website State of North Carolina
This position determines by reviewing the customer’s driving record, if a test is required, advises and directs the customer to examiners in the office. This position greets the customer on a one-to-one level, answers any questions either in person or by telephone concerning motor vehicle laws, provides Driver License handbooks and schedules appointment for customers for classified and/or CDL licenses and ID cards; and directs them to the proper agency such as DMV Enforcement, a tag agency, etc. This position will monitor critical equipment in the office and provide routine reports to management on issues affecting productivity. Equipment to be monitored will include Q-matic and QFlow automated queuing systems, CATS automated testing systems and (where available) Intellicheck ID checking systems, digital driver license consumable supplies, etc. The position is also responsible for completing special projects assigned by the District Manager and Regional Chief Examiner.
- Customer service experience dealing with a diverse clientele.
- Knowledge of office accounting and record keeping procedures
- Skill in the use of a variety of office equipment such as copier, fax, scanner, etc.
- Ability to prepare records and reports, enter payroll, maintain inventory and file.
- Must be able to lift and /or carry equipment/supplies, stoop, bend and sit or stand for long periods of time.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience maintaining and updating files, records, and reports.
- Experience interpreting and explaining policies, rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Experience organizing and coordinating workflow and activities.
- Experience reviewing detailed documents and records for accuracy and completeness.
- Experience with Microsoft office using programs such as Access, Word, Excel, etc.
Company: State of North Carolina
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Winston Salem, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A