Website State of North Carolina
This position is responsible for ensuring the maintenance, upkeep, and repair of the Market infrastructure, buildings, grounds, vehicles, and equipment in order to maintain a safe, clean, and efficient working environment for staff, vendors, and visitors. This is hands on journey level technical work position with supervisory and administrative responsibilities in the management of routine construction, maintenance, and repair operations at a moderate size facility of limited complexity, variety, and number of buildings and structures. Position supervises, plans, reviews and evaluates the work of a three-person maintenance team and provides on-the-job training. Position develops and adjusts the short-term assignments, schedules and priorities.
- Position is a working supervisor and participates in the maintenance, repair and minor renovation work to buildings, equipment, and utility systems. Work normally includes making the final technical decision in a variety of trades (such as carpentry, electrical, plumbing, etc), maintaining stock control procedures for tools, parts, and supplies, and advising management concerning the technical aspects of maintaining, replacing or renovating equipment and facilities.
- Position will be responsible for making purchases of tools, supplies, and materials necessary for maintenance and repair projects, and assist in development of scope of work standards for maintenance service contracts.
- Position will have some responsibility in functions such as housekeeping, grounds and vehicle maintenance, drawing working plans for minor renovations and repairs, cost estimating of repairs and other projects, reviewing and commenting on plan sheets from outside designers and contractors, monitoring and inspecting contractor services, construction, and renovation projects, acting as liaison to local officials and/or regulatory agencies, and participating in the overall management and policy making for the facility.
- Position normally works with limited general supervision and review and is responsible for inspecting the facility for maintenance needs and safety hazards, and perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Physical ability to lift 50 lbs. unassisted.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work in changing weather environments.
- Ability to effectively communicate in oral and written form.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to coordinate facility repairs, preventative maintenance and/or construction activities.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in maintenance and repair of small engines, equipment, and vehicles.
- Experience with a variety of moderately complex trades (i.e. carpentry, electrical, plumbing, etc.).
- Experience operating and maintaining a variety of hand tools and equipment necessary to the job (i.e. circular saw, drill, weed eater, chainsaw, lawnmower, farm tractor, floor scrubber, street sweeper etc.)
- Experience preparing estimates for equipment and building repairs.
Company: State of North Carolina
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Asheville, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A