Website State of North Carolina
Work in this class involves providing case management services, counseling, and supervision of adjudicated or delinquent juveniles, to assure compliance with court ordered dispositions. Work involves the assessment of juvenile and family needs to develop and implement plans for treatment and complying with court orders; monitoring juvenile and family progress through home visits, residential placement, or Youth Development Center, office, and school visits, and contact with other human service agencies providing services to the family; and providing transitional and post-release supervision and support services to facilitate community re-entry and continuing treatment needs.
- Employees may also be responsible for evaluating complaints against juveniles to determine whether to divert the complaint or to initiate court action; conducting in-depth risk and needs assessments, and family social histories to develop treatment and sanction recommendations for disposition; serving as an officer of the Court to issue and serve court orders and documents, and to apprehend and secure physical custody of juveniles.
- Employees participate in an on-call rotation to provide after-hours response for emergency needs of juveniles; making decisions regarding and arranging for or providing transportation of juveniles in need of secure or non-secure custody; interagency, multidisciplinary planning and team meetings; and maintain extensive court records and documentation in a statewide online juvenile database.
- Must have Valid Drivers License.
- Must successfully complete Criminal Justice Certification requirements.
- Adolescent development and behavior and the dynamics of juvenile delinquency, group norms, and family dysfunction;
- Practical application of different counseling approaches, crisis intervention;
- Social agencies and community resources relevant to program needs.
- Wide range of behavioral, socioeconomic, and psychosocial problems and their treatment.
Qualification & Experience:
- The Knowledge, Skills and Abilities listed below, along with the Minimum Education and Experience requirements, are REQUIRED to qualify for this position.
- We will not review attachments in lieu of Experience and Education listed on the application.
Company: State of North Carolina
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Asheville, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A