Website National Education Association (NEA)
NEA seeks an Associate Director of State Affiliate Relationships. The Associate Director must be able to support state affiliate presidents’ and executive directors’ professional development while simultaneously moving NEA’s strategic priorities forward in a highly complex environment. The Associate Director will assist with the coordination of professional development, topical convening’s, coaching, organizational development training and support. The Associate Director will report to the NEA Director of State Affiliate Relationships.
- Assess and co-design innovative and effective learning experiences for state affiliate staff and leaders to support their development as leaders.
- Assist with the new state affiliate presidents’ year 1 orientation.
- Assist with the new state affiliate executive directors’ year 1 orientation.
- Assist with the new state affiliate leadership team (presidents and executive directors) trainings.
- Provide organizational development support to state affiliate presidents and executive directors.
- Act strategically in rapidly changing internal and external environments, advising staff and elected leaders on opportunities and challenges that they are facing.
- Implement budgets that ensure strong stewardship of members’ dues, concentrating on a return on investment for all programs.
- Partner with the Center for Governance to develop high functioning governance leadership teams, including state governing boards, through the NEA Leadership Competencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Management experience within a union environment preferred.
- Experience creating trainings for adult learners and strong facilitation skills.
- Proven skills as an organizer and in overseeing successful organizing efforts.
- Effective skills in supervision, decision-making, oral/written communications, policy analysis, interpersonal relations, team building, and collaboration.
- Established high standards of performance to ensure accountability for work results.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required (Relevant graduate degree and/or certification preferred).
- A minimum of seven years of NEA association or equivalent experience required.
- Experience working collaboratively across a complex organization to ensure effective integration and alignment of resources and programs.
- Proven experience with mediation and conflict resolution.
- Proven experience successfully managing projects, and budgets.
- Experience as an organizational advocate for education, labor and/or social justice issues.
Company: National Education Association (NEA)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Jonesboro, AR, US
Application Deadline: N/A