Website The National Institutes of Health
If you have experience as a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, providing clinical nutrition care to inpatients in a hospital or research setting AND you would like to play a significant role in a dynamic organization, then consider joining the NIH Clinical Center Nutrition Department.
- Conducting body composition assessments, and administering and analyzing food questionnaires.
- Developing nutrition care plans and making recommendations for nutritional intervention.
- Developing competency trainings and evaluations and administering these evaluations annually.
- Leading and participating on workgroups, projects and quality teams.
- Providing consultant services to Clinical Center staff including providing guidance on policies and procedures.
- Basic Education Requirement: Bachelor’s or graduate/higher level degree in the fields of dietetics, food, nutrition, food service management, institution management, or related science. The educational program must have been accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics ( Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics ) (ACEND), or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained. For dietitian positions, the curriculum must have been in accordance with the qualifying requirements established by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) (formerly American Dietetic Association (ADA) prior to January 1, 2012) in effect at the time of graduation.
- Completion of a coordinated undergraduate program, internship, or other clinical component approved by AND (formerly ADA) for dietitians or nutritionists.
- Professional registration as a Registered Dietitian (RD) or Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN).
Company: The National Institutes of Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Bethesda, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A