Website National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration
This position is located within the Department of Commerce (DOC), National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS), Southeast Fisheries Science Center (SEFSC), Operations, Management, and Information Division (OMI), Information Technology Branch (IT) with one vacancy located in Miami, FL; Pascagoula, MS; Beaufort, NC; Galveston, TX; or Panama City, FL.
- Serve as the lead Information Technology (IT) Specialist performing supervisory functions, and providing administrative oversight and providing technical guidance to staff on policies, plans, and procedures for the management, acquisition, security, and use of IT resources.
Plan and deliver customer support services, including installation, configuration, troubleshooting, customer assistance, and training, in response to customer requirements.
- Manage, design, develop, and deliver IT products such as digital software applications and infrastructure technology platforms and provide life-cycle management guidance for major information systems activities (i.e. network architectures, infrastructure requirements, computer equipment, software and services, installation, and system administration).
- Collaborate and create strategies with internal and external stakeholders to ensure improved operational efficiency, risk management, and contingency planning increasing the overall customer experience for mission applications.
- Review completed work of other personnel for effectiveness in meeting objectives, accuracy, NOAA guidelines, and adherence to security best practices and prepare and present briefings to senior management officials on complex issues.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National to apply.
- Required to pass a background investigation and fingerprint check.
- Must be suitable for Federal employment.
- Must be registered for Selective Service, if applicable (www.sss.gov).
- Time-in-grade/band must be met by closing date of announcement.
Company: National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Saint Petersburg, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A