Website National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration
This position is located in the National Weather Service (NWS), Weather Forecast Office (WFO), with potential vacancies across the United States and its territories.
- Conduct a weather watch which involves interpretation of Doppler radar data, satellite imagery, and the analysis of other hydrometeorological data for the preparation of all WFO warning, forecast and service products, including individual briefings.
- Handle general office administrative matters which may occur on shift including augmenting staff, approving overtime and leave.
- Serve as the primary contact with other Federal, state, and local agencies such as Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), and emergency management and law enforcement officials over matters involving the initiation and implementation of immediate or emergency public health and safety measures based on NWS forecasts, warnings and watches.
- Serve as the shift leader responsible for quality and timeliness of all National Weather Service (NWS) forecast and service products, warnings, and advisories prepared and issued by the Weather Forecast Office (WFO).
- Time-in-grade/band must be met by closing date of announcement.
- Must be registered for Selective Service, if applicable (www.sss.gov).
- Required to pass a background investigation and fingerprint check.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National to apply.
- Must be suitable for Federal employment.
Company: National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charleston, SC, US
Application Deadline: N/A