Website The State of New York
Watts Architecture & Engineering. Structural Engineer. FT. Benefits. Watts is a full service architecture and engineering (A/E) firm excelling in architecture, civil, environmental, transportation, structural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing engineering and construction monitoring services with offices in Buffalo, Syracuse and New York City, NY. We have an immediate opening for a Junior Structural Engineer in our Buffalo office. Watts works closely with architects and owners on a variety of challenging engineering projects with a focus on efficient designs meeting the needs of the project. This entry-level position would perform a variety of structural engineering duties in the design.
- Work within a small internal team to support the structural design, from project onset through construction
- Perform structural engineering of various materials, including Concrete, Steel, Masonry, Wood, etc.
- Assist in the design of slab and floor systems and columns
- Utilize structural analysis software, including STAAD Pro, RISA 3D, etc.
- Create and edit computer aided design drawings in BIM, Revit, AutoCAD, etc.
- Review applicable building codes and design standards
- Coordinate work with other disciplines (architects, mechanical engineers etc.)
- Edit technical specifications through word processing software
- Aid the senior engineers for construction oversight
- Perform site visits throughout New York State
- 0 to 2 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from an ABET-accredited university, preferred
- Successful completion of NYS Fundamentals of Engineering testing, preferred
- Technical knowledge in the use of AutoCAD and BIM
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Ability to work within a larger internal/external project team
Company: The State of New York
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Buffalo, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A