The Data Engineer performs the activities required in the delivery and maintenance of agreed Data sources into the Odeon strategic data repositories. This is to support the delivery of quality, timely data ultimately to the Data Analyst communities who are delivering insights, dashboards and reports to business stakeholders at all levels. This includes the development, operation and maintenance of data pipelines to extract, load and transform data sources from both internal and external / third-party providers. The role also covers ensuring data quality is monitored and maintained effectively.
- Provide consultancy to the business Data Analyst teams regarding the complexity and feasibility of onboarding new data sources and building new Data Products.
- Undertake assessment and measuring of data quality and build approaches to maintain data quality to the agreed level.
- Share technical knowledge with Data and Analytics teams across OCG.
- The creation of strong internal collaborative relationships with all functions especially the Data and Analytics teams is essential
- Application of the appropriate standards and principles when delivering data ingestion and data.
- Be responsible for the maintenance of the Data Catalogue as part of onboarding new data sources providing ease of data discovery, business data glossary, supporting data governance and articulating current data usage and lineage.
- Regular reporting of progress and issues to line manager and other senior stakeholders.
- Responsible as part of the Data Engineering Team for the ingestion and cleansing activities required to deliver and maintain agreed data sources into the OCG strategic data repositories. This will ultimately support production of Data Products required by the Data Analyst communities across Odeon Cinema Group (OCG).
- Responsible for the development, operation, maintenance and productionise of data pipelines to extract, load and transform data sources from both internal and external / third-party providers, including documentation.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in using a range of data ingestion approaches eg. Flat file, XML, RestAPI, Web Service, streamed events from On-premise, cloud based and SaaS sources.
- Experience in modern analytics and big data architectures in a Microsoft Azure environment such as Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory and Data Catalogue / Purview.
- Proven experience in performing a range of Data Engineering activities across multiple data products and pipelines.
- Experience in the monitoring, measuring and maintaining data quality.
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI Architectures.
- Skills in SQL, Spark and Python.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A