Website Old Navy
In this role, you will embody Do The Right Thing by protecting People, Assets, and Brands. You will work in an energized, fast paced environment focused on creating a safe environment for our employees, teams, and customers; this is critical to driving our Brand Power, Enduring Customer Relationships, and exuding our commitment to Team and Values. You’ll need to understand the big picture strategy and work with cross-functional teams and external partners.
- Responsible for managing the External Investigative process by identifying trends, habitual offender activity, and fraud through data analysis and incident reporting
- Collaborate with Gap Inc cross functional teams to develop localized plans and efforts to address high impact cases
- Proactively monitor controls to identify potential causes of habitual offender activity within specific locations.
- Effectively communicate and partner (teach, coach, and inspire) throughout area of responsibility to execute LP, safety, and operations.
- Work closely with all levels of employees to communicate external trends by reinforcing customer service and incident reporting.
- Support AOR Internal Investigations in cooperation with the (Sr) LPM and/or Gap Inc Internal Investigations Team
- Ability to actively learn and immediately apply learnings into decisions and behaviors
- Ability to provide Loss Prevention leadership to drives results, coach and develops direct reports, collaborate and lead execution through others
- Research process or transaction flow to identify root cause of errors
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to negotiate and build consensus across multiple stakeholders and functions
- Time management and ability to prioritize /multi task
Company: Old Navy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Valencia, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A