Patagonia is looking for an experienced, compassionate, highly motivated individual to assist in all areas of Safety & Security. This is a new role that must embody Patagonia’s unique culture and demonstrate an open and inclusive approach to making sure everyone who has contact with Patagonia feels safe and welcome. Success will require a demonstrated commitment to ensuring Patagonia consistently offers a just and equitable work environment, whether on site at the Reno locations or while working remotely.
- Works closely with other security personnel, management, employees & visitors.
- Controls & monitors access into all buildings.
- Prepares accurate logs and reports as needed.
- More specific duties will be discussed during interview process.
- Observes and reports activities and incidents.
- Monitors & patrols multiple sites on foot and/or bicycle, checks for unsafe conditions, hazards etc.
- Responds to incidents of work-related injury, medical emergency, fire, threats, suspicious activity etc …
- Learn s and understand s basic OSHA and Fire laws .
- Service-minded , excellent service and support skill s to all people.
- Influential , able to communicate and act through complicated and potentially tense situations .
- Proactive , demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility .
- Adaptable , able to work in a dynamic environment.
- Acknowledge own’s experience and experiences of other. Adjusts behaviors for success in an inclusive workplace.
- Passionate , in creating an inclusive and safe work environment.
- Motivated, always seeking self-improvement
Qualification & Experience:
- Be at least 21 years of age with at least a high school education or equivalent (GED).
- 2 + years combined experience in physical security , law enforcement, military, community outreach, customer service and/or emergency response coordination.
- Proven experience working with groups across difference in respectful and equitable ways.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Greater Reno Area
Application Deadline: N/A