We’re in business to save our home planet, and you’re developing the future of business leadership. In support of the Store General Manager, you recruit, coordinate, motivate and lead a team in one of Patagonia’s retail stores. You operate a well-tuned machine, plan and schedule to meet financial targets and maintain your store as a hub for environmental activism, sport and positive vibes. By developing your Retail Team Leaders, you ensure that our customer service experience is consistent, warm, aligned with Patagonia’s core values and best-in-class. You act as an ambassador for Patagonia in your store and community and have goals to expand your leadership.
- You hire with a focus on diversity and include staff who represent the community where your store is located.
- You engage, elevate and partner with grassroots nonprofit organizations through retail grants and other partnerships, including events, product donations and activism activities.
- You recruit and hire people who are passionate about the planet.
- You instill in your employees the importance of customer service and that the retail experience is where the brand comes to life.
- You spend significant time on the sales floor and lead by example.
- You maintain a safe and secure environment for your team and customers, and resolve any concerns quickly with the Store General Manager.
- You are deeply committed to creating a working environment that is supportive, positive, respectful and free from harassment.
- You have a keen eye for the look and feel of your store and know that powerful visual merchandising, good habits, store cleanliness and maintenance all support a strong business.
- By hosting events, using social media and marketing tools, and elevating campaigns, you connect your community to important environmental and social issues.
- In conjunction with your Store General Manager, you strategize to meet expense and profit goals for the store.
- Flexible amidst competing priorities and adaptable to the fast-paced environment of a retail store while rallying the team with positivity.
- Experience managing a team of people and a passion for growing and developing employees.
- Ability to make sound judgment calls in the absence of the General Manager.
- Able to stand/walk for extended periods of time.
- Interest and aptitude for strategic business planning that responds to a specific community.
- Continually able to walk up and down a staircase carrying boxes, products and other necessary items.
- Able to regularly perform store maintenance: sweep, vacuum, empty trash, clean.
- Able to safely lift boxes up to 55 pounds.
- Continually able to reach overhead, bend, squat, kneel and carry products necessary for customer service, inventory stocking and store merchandising.
- Demonstrates highly developed emotional intelligence.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A