The In-Store Visual Merchandiser brings the Patagonia story to life by creating a retail environment that is innovative, unique, inspired, customer-friendly and reflective of the local community. You are responsible for the implementation of visual merchandising directives and providing visual training and support for the retail team. You ensure that brand directives are upheld and local product stories are told. You report to the Retail Store General Manager and receive guidance from the Regional Visual Merchandiser. When not merchandising, you assume all the responsibilities of a Customer Experience Guide.
- You work with the Retail Store General Manager, the Regional Visual Merchandiser and local store staff to develop and install environmental displays and customer communications.
- You reactively merchandise by examining reports, weather forecasts and customer trends to maximize engagement.
- You understand that effective visual presentation makes the customer experience efficient and joyful and often requires creative solutions.
- You assist in the training and development of all team members and foster an environment of continued learning.
- You serve as a role model for the team by identifying and delegating daily visual priorities.
- You coach the team on maintaining the store’s appearance.
- You coordinate and implement seasonal sales and transitions.
- You maintain all windows, fixtures, tables, mannequins and signage, making sure that product placement is thoughtful, effective, maintained by the team and brand appropriate.
- You ensure optimal inventory levels on the sales floor to meet the needs of the customer.
- You utilize all allotted environmental activism hours.
- Occasional outings to purchase merchandising supplies required.
- Experience in a creative or visual field, preferably in a retail environment, with a demonstrated capacity for aesthetic judgment and the ability to understand the business goals that drive merchandising decisions.
- Open to feedback and critique and always strive to improve your visual presentations.
- Able to safely and regularly lift and carry 55 pounds.
- Continually able to kneel down to floor level.
- Comfortable climbing ladders.
- Fine motor skills required.
- Occasional travel required.
- Able to stand/walk for extended periods of time.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Reno, NV, US
Application Deadline: N/A