The Head of North America Health, Wellness, Payroll and Compliance will provide strategic direction and oversight of the Company’s health and welfare programs, benefits, payroll/tax operations, and employment policy compliance programs. You will d evelop strategies and processes for efficient administration and education on the offerings provided to our employees and ensure excellent communication and exceptional customer service from the members of your team. You’ll also partner with the People and Culture team members to develop and implement benefit strategies for attracting and retaining top talent and act as the main project manager in facilitating changes to plans and concepts. This position will also work with international business partners to implement benefit concepts.
- Work with Leadership to analyze cost impact for plan changes, new programs, staffing, operational/system changes and provide recommendations.
- Develop succession plans and provide support to increase skill and development opportunities.
- Manage the Benefits, Payroll/Tax, and Compliance teams, provide clear expectations for administration and customer service levels.
- Develop strategy for ensuring the payroll function can sustain Company growth and business complexity as needs evolve.
- Advise in creating process efficiency between the Workday Payroll/Tax functions and Company’s Accounting/Tax team.
- Develop and maintain processes and audits to ensure compliance with federal and state wage and hour laws, correct taxation methods, maintenance of state disability and family leave requirements, benefit administration, ERISA plans, 401(k), leave of absence administration, and all new regulations. Work with the Benefits, Payroll/Tax, and People and Culture Business Partners on corrective action when needed.
- Work with Legal team to update U.S. and Canada employee handbooks as needed to keep pace with regulations and policy/benefit changes. Work with international business partners to review global employee handbooks.
- Think creatively to propose unique benefit offerings, always using the lens of equity and inclusion.
- Research health and wellness program trends and compare against the Company’s plans as required to maintain best in class experience for employees.
- Participate in department budget meetings and decision-making processes.
- Emotionally intelligent: high level of self-awareness, empathy, and interpersonal skills.
- Influential: able to communicate through complicated matters, builds trust easily and gets buy in from partners.
- Self-reflective: Acknowledge own’s experience and experiences of other.
- Passionate: cares deeply about people practices and saving our home planet.
- Strategic: able to think big picture and drive work accordingly.
- Leader: act as a thought leader, build trusted relationships, influence decisions and drive urgency on critical priorities.
- Inclusive: deeply experienced in collaborating with others across difference.
- Strong Communicator: excellent communication and presentation skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- Comfortable with team-based work structure; ability to demonstrate flexibility on the job.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Workday, Smart sheets).
- Extreme attention to detail and organization skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in applicable filed or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated leadership experience with the ability to mentor others.
- Excellent customer service using all methods of communication.
- 10+ years in human resources experience, including insurance and benefits, 401(k), payroll, and federal and state wage and hour compliance.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with unimpeachable privacy.
- Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ventura, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A