Website Peace Corps
This position is located in the Office of Global Health and HIV (OGHH). OGHH provides management and strategic guidance for Peace Corps global health activities, which includes provision of agency-level policy guidance, and general supervision, direction, and coordination of Peace Corps HIV/AIDS and health activities. OGHH is responsible for coordinating the agency’s participation in the Presidents Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
- The Training Specialist performs the following major duties:
- Designs, analyzes, and strengthens systems related to training facilitation, instructional design, and training evaluation and assessment. Provides guidance and ongoing support for the field related to the agency’s Staff Training Competencies as related to the health sector
- Provides expert advice and guidance related to Peace Corps’ health Training Design and Evaluation (TDE) process. Reviews and analyzes health sector training designs, materials, and curriculum plans in response to post requests for assistance. Provides feedback to posts along with recommendations for training improvements.
- Serves as an authoritative consultant in training facilitation, design, and training evaluation and assessment content areas. Develops original training and learning material, inclusive of e-learning modalities in collaboration with e-learning designers as needed.
- Collaborates with the Office of Staff Learning and Development and the Office of the Chief Information Officer to ensure that appropriate health sector training resource materials are added to the agency’s learning management system, collections, and are disseminated to posts.
- Designs and facilitates delivery of in-person and distance learning programs, including Training of Trainers (TOT) workshops for overseas programming and training staff.
- Applies innovative thinking in planning, appraising concepts, and in developing and implementing capacity building initiatives for health training programs.
- You must meet the specialized experience at the grade level(s) in which you choose to be considered by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) on the closing date of the announcement.
- You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
- To ensure full credit for your experience, please indicate dates of employment by month, day, and year and the number of hours worked per week in your resume.
Qualification & Experience:
Company: Peace Corps
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Hagerstown, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A