Website U.S. Postal Inspection Service
This position is located in the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) Office of Railroad Policy and Development (RPD), Office of Policy and Planning, Rail Planning Division. This division is responsible for both FRA’s technical oversight of and participation in the development and implementation of Federally-funded passenger and freight railroad capital investment projects, and for its oversight of and participation in railroad transportation systems planning efforts.
- Review and accept transportation planning deliverables developed under Federally-funded project development and project implementation grant agreements
- Be a member of an interdisciplinary team overseeing a diverse portfolio of railroad capital investment projects, with your primary responsibility lying in the technical oversight of and participation in project-level transportation planning efforts.
- Participate in and oversee railroad transportation systems planning efforts, including Regional Rail Plans and State Rail Plans, through which potential railroad capital investment projects are identified.
- Provide technical assistance to project sponsors on an array of transportation planning topics.
- Working in concert with FRA environmental protection specialists, oversee and participate in the process of developing and analyzing alternatives for implementing railroad capital investment projects
- Required documents must be submitted by the closing date.
- You must meet specialized experience to qualify.
- You must be a U.S.Citizen and eligible for consideration.
- Submit application and resume online by 11:59 PM EST on the closing date.
Company: U.S. Postal Inspection Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A