Website Public Affairs Council
Serve as an important component of the American Red Cross regional team. Determine the communications and marketing functions that drive regional business objectives and results, publicize the mission of the Red Cross, support revenue generations, and educate the public about how to access Red Cross services. Work in close collaboration with the division communications director, Field Marketing, Development, Disaster Cycle Services, Service to the Armed Forces, Biomedical Services, Health and Safety, and Volunteer Services staff to provide communication and marketing support. Provide support, development and/or leadership guidance to all volunteers.
- Strategy: In collaboration with the regional executive and division communication director, determine and execute a strategic communications plan that is aligned with enterprise-wide communications and marketing strategies, that supports service delivery and revenue generation efforts across all lines of business.
- Media Relations and Social Engagement: Work with the Regional Executive and Division Communications Director to develop and execute determined media relations and social media strategy, including social media platform maintenance, media contact management, news release distributions, pitching, etc. Respond to local media inquiries by coordinating interviews and providing Red Cross approved information, as appropriate. May be required to serve as a Red Cross spokesperson. Train and prepare staff and volunteer spokespersons throughout the region, review support requests and develop and execute an effective communications strategy. Monitor and analyze public relations and social engagement data.
- Public Affairs and Crisis Communications: Support regional, divisional, and potentially national, disaster public affairs activities. Provide training and guidance to regional disaster public affairs spokespersons and volunteers. May be required to serve as a spokesperson, deploy to support disaster response operations outside of home region, or may be tasked to conduct public affairs volunteer training and development across the division. Develop and implement crisis communications strategies in collaboration with regional executive and division communications director.
- Internal Communications: Collaborate with regional executive to develop and implement internal communications strategies and initiatives.
- Management: Ensure delivery of direct report(s) performance goals, daily activities, and manage achievement. Build volunteer engagement.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, Public Affairs or related field.
- Experience: Minimum 5 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and related experience required in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, Public Affairs or related field required.
- Management Experience: 3 years of supervisory or management experience.
- Skills and Abilities: Outstanding oral and written communication skills required, with proven knowledge of AP Style. Manage experienced professionals. Fully proficient in work and industry. Strong organizational, multi-tasking skills with ability to meet deadlines. Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite. Familiarity with Cision/TrendKite or other media monitoring software. Experience managing professional social media accounts. Strong teamwork and collaboration required. Willingness to serve as a media spokesperson required, experience as a spokesperson preferred. Ability to work on a team.
Company: Public Affairs Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Baltimore, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A