Website Qatar Airways
As the business expands, we are pleased to announce an incredibly exciting opportunity to join our Cargo Operations Team in Heathrow as a Cargo Operations Officer.
- Overseeing and supervising employees as well as training and developing them to ensure succession planning is in place.
- Implementing and monitoring standard operating procedures (SOP) and service level agreements (SLA) with the GHA’s in the region including streamlining policies in order to ensure service offered are as per company standards
- Monitoring smooth cargo operations at the station through close coordination with the GHA’s and staff within the station as well as continuously monitoring and developing adherence to regulations as outlined by local authorities and regulatory bodies.
- Ensuring strict compliance to IATA regulations for effective movement of inbound and outbound cargo whilst reducing operation costs involved.
- Maintaining the freighter on time performance and ensuring no delays occur due to ground operations throughout the delegated region.
Qualification & Experience:
- Strong ability to conduct Audits and Technical Evaluations
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 6 years of job-related experience in airline cargo operations OR
- Minimum of Vocational/Diploma or Associate Degree or equivalent with at least 8 years of experience in airline cargo operations
- Previous management experience as well as the ability to delegate, set clear directions, motivate staff and foster team work
- Fluency in written and spoken English, additional languages preferred
- Full knowledge of IATA regulations for Cargo Handling, Dangerous Goods (CAT 6 trained), Live Animals, Pharmaceuticals and Perishables.
- Good understanding of load factor principles – weight and balance for 777 is essential, and 747 is preferred
- Strong Freighter knowledge
- Have the legal right to live and work in the UK
Company: Qatar Airways
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A