Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Assist the department manager in reaching sales and profit goals established for the department and monitor all established quality assurance standards. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion, and safety of others.
- Meat & Seafood Clerk informs customers of meat and seafood specials
- Meat & Seafood Clerk provides customers with fresh/frozen products that they have ordered and the correct portion size (or as close as possible to the amount ordered) to prevent shrink.
- Offer product samples to help customers discover new items or products they inquire about.
- Check product quality to ensure freshness. Review “sell by” dates and take appropriate action.
- Properly use kitchen equipment, stove, computerized scale, fryer, steamer, robot coupe
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important, and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Meat & Seafood Clerk cuts meat and seafood to customer’s requests using proper cutting equipment.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
- Use all equipment in seafood and meat department such as the refrigerators, freezers, knives, and ovens according to company guidelines.
- Recommend meat and seafood items to customers to ensure they get the products they want and need.
- Effective communication skills
- Customer Service experience
- Possess adequate knife handling skills and knife speed
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Retail experience
- Ability to obtain current food handlers permit once employed
- Knowledge of basic math (counting, addition, and subtraction)
- Meat AND/OR Seafood experience
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A