Website Republic Services
With direct supervision from a Lead Technician, Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Manager, a Maintenance Technician B performs repair and maintenance work on diesel and non-diesel equipment and trucks including, but not limited to, chassis components, vehicle refuse bodies and control systems, hydraulic electrical, air brake systems, general engine work, HVAC components, suspension, drive train and steering systems. The Maintenance Technician B may also perform basic tire work, such as replacement, tire rotation, and tread depth checks. Enjoy the benefits of working on a single fleet with state-of-the-art equipment, supporting our drivers as they run their routes and servicing some of the most technically advanced vehicles on the road.
- Chassis component repair and maintenance.
- Engine repair and maintenance.
- Maintains a working knowledge of, and moderate skill proficiency in, the following vehicle components and systems, with the ability to perform preventative and repair maintenance functions, both on-site and on the road.
- Safely provides road service when necessary to ensure that the Company’s equipment is returned to operation in a safe and efficient manner.
- Performs line maintenance welding and fabrication.
- Heating and air conditioning.
- Refuse bodies, including control, hydraulic and electrical systems; and air and hydraulic braking systems.
- Suspension, drivetrain and steering systems.
- Completes applicable Company training programs.
- Identifies the source of the malfunctions using a variety of electronic tools.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Basic understanding of work order labor time standards.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a technician position demonstrating knowledge of both gasoline and diesel powered equipment diagnosis and repair or will be graduating from an accredited automotive college or technical school within the next 3 months.
- Ability to perform basic inspections with limited supervision in some (not all required) of the following heavy truck, or automotive systems: suspensions & steering; general engine, transmissions, brakes, electrical, hydraulics, drive train, diesel emissions.
- Commercial Driver’s License is a plus but not required.
- Prior experience with, or knowledge of, maintenance work to be performed on Classes 1-5 light/medium duty and heavy-duty Class 7-8 trucks, aircraft, or ships.
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certifications (T1-T8) are a plus but not required.
Company: Republic Services
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A