Website Royal Caribbean
F&B Sanitation Controller oversees all initiatives related to food safety and hygiene standard in Food and Beverage areas. Coordinates all cleaning and sanitation procedures to ensure all F&B venues are in compliance with both company and international sanitation standards by following public health guidelines. Conducts food safety and public health training onboard for F&B employees continuously.
- Utilizes a variety of tools in the sampling process such as company computer, camera, flashlight, thermometers, chemicals and hand tools.
- Gathers samples and tests parts, components and materials to determine conformance to standards.
- Analyzes current procedures versus new technology and makes recommendations to management for implementation.
- Implementing, establishing and maintaining compliance with internal and external Public Health requirements.
- Develops procedures, guidelines and checklists for inspections.
- Provides detail reports to all food & beverage management after onboard internal inspections and ensures follow up.
- Offers technical leadership and support to assure procedures are followed at all times.
- Certification in “ServeSafe” food handler’s certification course is a plus, any other appropriate certification classes; i.e. HACCP (Hazard Analysis of Critical Control Points), UKPH (United Kingdom Public Health) certification, or other internationally recognized certification, a plus.
- Demonstrate ability to facilitate work in a team environment and to build and maintain collaborative partnerships across organizational boundaries. (Culinary, Beverage and Food Service)
- Extensive knowledge of United States Public Health (USPH) regulations and the Vessel Sanitation Program (VSP).
- Ability to conduct training sessions at all levels; one-on-one or to large groups.
- Working knowledge of computers, internet access and the ability to navigate within variety of software packages such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Bachelors degree in hospitality management, business administration or related science, field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent preferred.
- Working knowledge and extensive experience conducting public health and environmental inspections in the hospitality industry and or onboard cruise ships.
Company: Royal Caribbean
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tampa, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A