Website Royal Mail
We’re hiring a Technology Risk and Assurance Manager to join our Global Risk Assurance team and help drive and deliver Royal Mail Group’s internal audit and risk management plan. Join our team to become an integral part of how we evolve the technology assurance and risk management we provide to the Group.
- Partner with the Technology and Data teams to identify risks by running risk workshops and working one-on-one with senior stakeholders and develop an assurance plan based on business principal and emerging risks.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with business management including being an active and valued contributor to formal governance processes and forums.
- Lead on our reporting commitments to the Audit & Risk Committee.
- Proactively support Technology and Data business units and functions in designing and implementing effective risk management processes.
- Shape and lead the delivery of the Technology risk assurance strategy. methodology and quality assurance standards.
- Drive and manage the plan of technology risk-based audits and technology elements to other audit projects (e.g. Sarbanes Oxley).
- Lead in the development of continuous improvement activities that enhance Internal Audit and Risk Management’s effectiveness and efficiency.
- Proven technical skills in Technology assurance and risk management.
- Professionally qualified accountant (ACA) or internal auditor (IIA) with a Technology audit qualification working as a Technology risk, assurance or other audit professional, ideally a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Big Four accounting firm or in house at a large corporate.
- Confident working as a team player, investing time in building the skills and experience of the team.
- Experience of a complex operating environment in a large business with highly developed financial or operational awareness.
- Strong project management skills; able to self-manage and deliver a portfolio of work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Strong understanding of Technology Risk and Control. Experience of Sarbanes Oxley would also be an advantage.
Company: Royal Mail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sheffield, GB
Application Deadline: N/A