Website Royal Mail
The Hub Engineer 1 is a member of the engineering team, supporting the Hub operation by maintenance, repair and improvement of all parcel handling equipment (PHE). The HE1 is a multi skilled engineering grade working to commercial standards and will be employed on duties which require a sound knowledge of electrical, electronic, mechanical and associated principles including:-
In discharging their technical duties, they will have a responsibility to exercise supervision of contractors and trainee grades assigned to them including “on the job” development and training.
- Good inter-personal skills, communicator, computer literate, proactive interest in technological progress and problem-solving skills.
- Hold a minimum of City and Guilds ‘C’ certificate or an equivalent qualification in electronic, electrical or mechanical engineering;
- Act in accordance with current health and safety legislation identifying best practice, giving guidance and direction to others;
- To be able to diagnose and solve equipment problems in a planned, cost effective manner, taking into account employee needs and customer requirements;
- Full appreciation of all aspects of H&S Legislation and Standards;
Company: Royal Mail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Coventry, GB
Application Deadline: N/A