Website San Bernardino County
San Bernardino County is accepting applications for a IMS/DB2 Database Administrator* to maintain a variety of computer systems and perform database design and administration for the Innovation and Technology Department. This position requires specialized types of expertise in Database Administration, Systems Programming, and Application Support.
- Work with other DBAs and systems programmers to support DBA software, such as DB2, QMF Shadow direct and other database related products.
- Maintain IMS virtualization mapping for IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator and Data Virtualization Manager.
- Maintenance and tuning of backup and recovery processes for IMS Disaster Recovery preparedness.
- Provide Database Administrator (DBA) support for application developers.
- Install, implement, test, and tune IMS Database and Transaction manager systems.
- IMS system administration using IMS consoles, JCL, DL/I, DFSDDLT0, backup and restore, database reorganization and Pointer Checker.
- Data Base Recovery Control (DBRC), and IMS control/message regions.
- Development lifecycle, Program Specification Block (PSB) generation, Copybooks templates, and Message Format Service (MFS).
- Database monitoring tool (Such as Mainview, Omegamon, etc.)
- Experience: Three (3) years of experience, within the last ten (10) years, working as an IMS and/or DB2 database administrator in a z/OS environment.
Company: San Bernardino County
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A