Website San Bernardino County
The County of San Bernardino has an exciting and immediate opportunity for a multimedia production specialist with the talent and skills for photojournalism to join our multimedia team and help tell our story.
- Write and coordinate the preparation of handout material and examinations designed to accompany multimedia programs; design and create basic digital/print media utilizing a combination of off-the-shelf graphics and text/graphic generation programs; create portable media for distribution (DVD, Web, PC formats); provide direct or indirect support for presentation materials (PowerPoint, PDFs).
- Perform set-up of AV equipment (projectors, PA, podiums) and provide operational training for equipment requests; record events using digital photography, and/or basic video/audio principles; film and direct on location for internal and external productions.
- Produce multimedia aide such as digital video, audio, photo or PowerPoint(s) for use in public meetings, training sessions, and/or live broadcasts; determine video and audio locations for productions.
- Produce live meetings by operating and controlling multiple cameras, multiple remote videoconferencing sites, capturing and mastering professional quality videos for distribution to internal and external customers, and provides other critical support functions for live meetings.
- Design and maintain an audio visual library system; requisition, issue, catalogue, control, and store audio visual materials and equipment; evaluate and recommend purchase of new equipment.
- Perform routine equipment checks/maintenance; maintain audio, video and photographic equipment, ensuring that repairs and maintenance are done on a timely basis.
- Operate and direct the operation of complex audiovisual (AV) equipment (cameras, microphones, switchers, etc.); edit, duplicate, and store digital video, audio, photo, and electronic presentations (e.g., PowerPoint files) for historical reference.
- Work with customers to develop and write scripts for internal and external productions (training and informational); conduct subject matter research in order to collect and determine information most relevant for intended audience; produce and direct complex story-telling videos requiring scripting, multiple scenes, and voice-overs.
- Determine resources necessary for multimedia productions and how they may be obtained; contact individuals to ascertain availability of material supplies and equipment as necessary.
- Performs recordkeeping and media cataloging as needed.
- Excellent photojournalism, communication, and creative writings skills with the ability to capture images and write content that help to tell compelling stories for San Bernardino County.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and able to prioritize and manage projects to complete urgent requests as well as structured long-term projects
- Proficiency with the following is desired: Apple Motion and Adobe After Effects
- Able to adapt quickly to changing priorities and work within deadlines
- Excellent filming, production, and editing skills
- Strong studio and field production experience
- Extensive experience in creating live, remote and produced broadcast programs
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience : Two (2) years of years of professional, hands-on work experience in a variety of media and video production areas or television production; must include at least one (1) year of recent experience (within the last 5 years) in the production of live broadcasts.
- Education : A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited institution in television or film production, multimedia or educational media, communication/liberal arts, photography, business administration or other closely related field.
Company: San Bernardino County
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Las Vegas, NV, US
Application Deadline: N/A