Website U.S. Small Business Administration
You will serve as a Supervisory Human Resources Specialist for the Small Business Administration (SBA), Office of Disaster Assistance (ODA), Office of Disaster Personnel – ODP in Herndon, Virginia. This position is responsible for planning and directing human resources operations relating to staffing, recruitment and placement, including processing all Human Resources (HR) actions and conducting Merit Promotion and Delegated Examining activities.
- Serves as the Supervisor to a staff of Human Resources Specialists and Assistants.
- Provides advice and information to management and employees and ensures that HR program decisions and operations are in compliance with the Federal personnel system.
- Provides policy guidance on the staffing and recruitment program, classification and position management, HR document management, employee benefits programs, pre-employment suitability issues, compensation, and processing payroll and personnel actions.
- Facilitates strong and reliable systems of communication guided by ODA principles to ensure that each HR Office operates effectively and efficiently.
- Plans, assigns and evaluates work to be accomplished by subordinates with processing personnel and payroll actions in the National Finance Center (NFC) automated system.
- U.S. citizenship is required.
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government travel credit card.
- Favorable background investigation and credit check are required.
- Credit Score must be at least 500.
- You may be required to complete a one-year probationary period for non-supervisors if you fail to complete the one-year supervisory/managerial probationary period.
- A one-year supervisory/managerial probationary period may be required.
Qualification & Experience:
Company: U.S. Small Business Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Ft. Worth, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A