Website U.S. Small Business Administration
As a Loan Specialist at the GS-1165-9/11, some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Process home and/or business loans and make recommendations on collateral needed to secure loans.
- Apply accepted financial procedures to analyze financial resources to determine an applicant’s ability to repay requested loans.
- Review all pertinent facts needed to make eligibility determinations by analyzing such factors as the nature and cause of damage, intended use of proceeds, legislative and administrative loan limits, and disposition of insurance and other recoveries.
- Ensure loan files contain all pertinent documentation to include conversations with applicants and written recommendations or justifications for conclusions.
- Process loan applications on web-based computer system.
- Respond orally and/or in writing to applicants or their representatives.
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government travel credit card.
- Favorable background investigation and credit check are required.
- Mandatory Overtime: In order to respond quickly and efficiently to disaster survivors, substantial compensated overtime hours may be required while on assignment (up to seven days a week and ten to fourteen hours a day).
- Credit Score must be at least 500.
Company: U.S. Small Business Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A