Website U.S. Small Business Administration
As an Attorney Adviser (Gen) at the GS-0905-9/11, some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Research and provide interpretation of the disaster loan program’s laws, regulations, policies, and standard operating procedures to provide guidance and support to program managers and loan officers.
- Review draft loan authorizations for all loans, as required, and for cases involving non-routine conditions, facts or other circumstances.
- Ensure loan application compliance with legal requirements, eligibility, capacity, and authority of the borrowers to incur debt, validity of proposed pledge of collateral etc.
- Use computer based systems to identify if all needed loan closing documents are received and to provide necessary instructions for proper creation of documents by others.
- Address inquiries and concerns of borrowers and their authorized representatives regarding legal issues and requirements of closing and legal basis of various terms, conditions and collateral requirements
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government travel credit card.
- Favorable background investigation and credit check are required.
- Mandatory Overtime: In order to respond quickly and efficiently to disaster survivors, substantial compensated overtime hours may be required while on assignment (up to seven days a week and ten to fourteen hours a day).
- Credit Score must be at least 500.
- Current and active member in good standing of the bar of a state, territory of the US, District of Columbia, or Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, and eligible to practice law.
Company: U.S. Small Business Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A