Website San Diego Gas & Electric
To develop, coordinate, lead and administer the provision of complex legal services for an assigned Business Unit, under the direction of the General Counsel and in conjunction with Directors of various practice areas.
- Provide legal and strategic policy advice on highly complex regulatory issues, including both technical and policy-based issues; this work often involves working with other legal departments.
- Interact regularly with different groups within the company (e.g., engineering, accounting, rate design, customer programs, procurement, safety) as well as with executives and upper management.
- Prepare briefs, motions, comments, affidavits, and various legal pleadings and documents as directed or as required for assigned cases or material transactions; maintain related document files and legal correspondence.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Represent SDG&E in a variety of regulatory proceedings, including hearings before administrative law judges, that involve defending company witnesses and cross-examining witnesses for other parties.
- May include supervision and training responsibility for less experienced attorneys.
- Admission to the California Bar, and a member in good standing
- Experience in the utility industry is desirable
- Experience as a litigator or environmental attorney representing companies in complex matters is highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability to independently handle major regulatory proceedings strongly desirable
- Requires ability to independently lead/handle complex legal matters
Qualification & Experience:
- Member in good standing with the California Bar or certification to practice in California
- At least 8 years of relevant experience, ideally as an in-house regulatory attorney for a California investor-owned utility. Includes 1st chair of complex litigation or transactional matters
- Requires a bachelor’s degree and J.D. or LL.B. from an accredited law school
Company: San Diego Gas & Electric
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A