Website San Diego Gas & Electric
Manages and directs large-scale, major projects within the department or business unit. Responsible for the development of work scope, budget, schedule, and resource requirements. Prepares, negotiates, and approves contracts for contractors or consultants.
- Testifies before and/or prepares supporting documentation for CPUC and other government agencies concerning cost estimates.
- Manages related workforce planning, budget analysis, and prepares budget forecasts.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Manages and coordinates all activities leading to the successful completion of projects including project scoping, timelines, cost estimates and design. Develop and maintain project parameters for project requirements. Provide direction to contractors, consultants, and project team. Coordinate input from and participation with various other departments within the Company as needed to meet project objective.
- Analyzes and determines regulatory impacts and requirements of the project. May build business cases and justifications.
- Responsible for providing team/project goals and evaluating performance. Researches and evaluates available contractors and consultants. Prepares, negotiates, and approves or recommends approval of contracts. Negotiate contracts changes.
- Must possess the ability to review complex problems and propose innovative solutions.
- Master’s Degree MBA or advanced degree.
- Project management knowledge required.
- Must be able to assess the potential financial impact of a project to the Company.
- Project management certification is desired.
- Bachelor’s Degree Engineering, Business, related field, or equivalent training and experience.
- 6 years – Project management or related experience.
- Understanding of electric distribution design highly desirable
Company: San Diego Gas & Electric
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: El Cajon, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A