Website San Diego Gas & Electric
Provides leadership and guidance to professional, highly technical employees. Responsibilities include workload assignment of employees, prioritization, and review of work, ensures accuracy and consistency, advising on engineering and technical questions, participates and represents the company in meetings with the CPUC, IOU’s and other stakeholders to meet policy objectives and compliance obligations.
- Provides leadership, technical advice, training, and guidance to engineers as well as project managers. Recommends new and improved practices and procedures and ensure compliance with document retention policies.
- Manages contracts and vendors and approve invoice payments to ensure compliance with the contracts. Ensure compliance with Federal, State, and Local regulations.
- Provides coordination, monitor progress, interpret results and ensure timely completion of assignments. Identify actual or potential problem areas and develops corrective actions to be taken.
- Provides guidance on technical problem-solving issues related to software programs and projects assigned to direct reports.
- Provides guidance to implement and developed new technology tools to support departmental goals and initiatives.
- Department lead for distribution generation interconnections, through simulations of the distribution system for optimal interconnection requirements.
- Provides day to day supervision, coaching, training and development for direct reports.
- Tracks compliance metrics associated with regulatory proceedings and reporting to required parties.
- Keeps department and senior leadership informed of technical developments, and regulatory changes. Maintains frequent contact with supervisors, engineers, and other team members within the department and with other departments. May be required to testify at regulatory meetings. Will be required to attend public meetings related to department projects or other related matters.
- Participates in training programs, seminars, and workshops to provide technical and compliance support requirements.
- 5 years – A minimum of five years of engineering experience is required. Emphasis in Electrical, Civil/Structural or Mechanical Engineer is highly desirable.
- Requires strong analytical ability and judgment in identifying problems and providing solutions. Requires problem solving skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a recognized engineering discipline (for engineering team leads).
- Engineering Team Leads require registration as a Licensed Professional Engineer in the state of California or equivalent professional certification is required.
- Must be able to prepare written communications on technical and non-technical matters for various levels of management and customers.
Company: San Diego Gas & Electric
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: El Cajon, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A