Website San Diego Gas & Electric
Responsible for managing the portfolio management process within a specific business unit or workstream (transmission, substation, distribution, etc.). Manage and maintain the stage gate process and service level agreements utilized across the Electric division. Strategize, plan, monitor and report on all projects within portfolio. Engage in and facilitate portfolio level financial and operational discussions to ensure alignment to company goals, including prioritization of projects, risk/issue management, resource forecasting, etc. Support cross-functional company initiatives and function as a single point of contact for the assigned portfolio.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities in our capital project process, reporting metrics, execution strategies, etc.
- Manage and coordinate all activities and inputs feeding into portfolio financial and operational reporting. Work cross-functionally to gather information and leverage project information to provide recommendations and guidance for effective decision-making at the portfolio level.
- Develop and maintain portfolio parameters for project requirements. . Analyze trends and opportunities for balancing and re-optimizing portfolio from a financial and operational perspective. Provide direction to contractors, consultants, and project team.
- Act as a single point of contact for the assigned portfolio, including supporting data requests, cross-functional company initiatives, and quarterly financial budgeting process
- Perform other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Responsible for updating and ensuring adherence to the deliverables and templates within the stage gate process (SGP).
- Ensure service level agreements (SLAs) and associated Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are periodically reviewed and updated to support project execution and portfolio reporting.
- Must possess the ability to review complex problems, propose innovative solutions, and work collaboratively to drive positive outcomes.
- Project management knowledge required.
- Project management certification (PMP) is preferred.
- Must be able to assess the potential financial impact of a project to the Company.
- Must be highly motivated and driven, able to prioritize assigned tasks and assignments to meet challenging deadlines, and influence key stakeholders
- Must be a good communicator, both written and verbal, with the ability to lead large meetings and discussions
Qualification & Experience:
- 6+ years Related experience. Required
- Bachelor’s Degree Engineering, Business or related or equivalent training and experience. Required
Company: San Diego Gas & Electric
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A