Website U.S. Secret Service
This National Guard position is for a IT SPECIALIST (CUSTSPT), Position Description Number D2182P01 and is part of the Pennsylvania National Guard, National Guard.
- As an IT Specialist (CUSTSPT), GS-2210-11, you will manage the assigned IT/communications environment with privileged access at the network level for the Wing, Geographically Separated Units (GSU), and Tenants.
- Serve as a focal point for ensuring functionality and operability of the assigned IT/data systems/functions, voice and wireless systems to support mission requirements of Wing, Geographically Separated Units (GSU), and Tenants.
- Provide customer technical assistance and support for all users. Determine customer requirements and assists customers by recognizing and analyzing trends and providing instruction and orientation services.
- Conduct feasibility studies to identify and analyze system failures and analyzes data to determine if trends exist which forecast the need for future replacement or modification of system hardware and software.
- Coordinate frequency needs with command level spectrum management office to maintain current allocations and obtain new authorizations. Install, maintain, and repair hardware devices supporting a broad range of information and communications systems.
- Adhere to management control plan requirements by conducting self inspection and staff assistance visits. Resolves identified discrepancies. Perform other duties as assigned.
- This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state’s National Guard, required prior to the effective date of placement.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
- Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
Qualification & Experience:
- Must have at least 36 months experience, education, or training that approaches techniques and requirements appropriate to an assigned computer applications area or computer specialty area in an organization
Company: U.S. Secret Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Hagerstown, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A