Website U.S. Secret Service
Joining the Secret Service, Office of Investigations as an annuitant Criminal Investigator (Special Agent) will allow you to perform critical protective and investigative assignments. Throughout its history, the Criminal Investigator has accomplished this mission through a tradition of honor, integrity and a commitment to excellence.
- Providing protection for various protectees
- Conducting investigations
- Due to COVID-19, U.S. Secret Service is currently in an expanded telework posture. If selected, you may be expected to temporarily telework, even if your home is located outside the local commuting area. Once employees are permitted to return to the office, you will be expected to report to the duty station listed on this announcement within 30 days. At that time, you may be eligible to request to continue to telework one or more days a pay period depending upon the terms of the agency’s telework policy.
- Submit to a drug test and credit check prior to your appointment and random drug testing while you occupy the position.
- Undergo occasional domestic and foreign travel.
- Obtain and maintain a Top Secret Tier 5 clearance. For more information visit OPM Mythbuster Page.
- Complete a pre-employment medical examination (including vision, hearing, cardiovascular and mobility of extremities) by an authorized Government physician and be determined physically fit to perform strenuous and physically demanding duties. You will be required to undergo regular physical examinations and to maintain a level of physical fitness in accordance with the standards and policies of this agency.
- Carry and use a firearm. Maintaining firearm proficiency is also mandatory. You will be ineligible to occupy this position if at any time you have been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence, unless you received a pardon or your conviction was expunged or set aside.
- Successfully complete a Mixed Basic training course as applicable.
- Submit to a polygraph examination prior to your appointment.
- As required by Executive Order 14043, Federal employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of the employee’s duty location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law. If selected, you will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination by November 22, 2021 or before appointment and onboarding with the agency, if after November 22, 2021. We will provide additional information regarding which forms of documentation will be accepted and how you can request a legally required exception from this requirement.
Company: U.S. Secret Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A