Website U.S. Secret Service
The U.S. Secret Service, Office of Chief Information Officer (CIO), is responsible for defining, communicating, and establishing the major elements of Secret Service IT programs to include: IT strategic planning, enterprise architecture, capital planning and investment control, IT program management, policies and overall governance of the IT infrastructure. The CIO is also responsible for information security policy and oversight, e-government, and IT performance metrics in order to comply with applicable laws, Executive Orders, directives, policies, and regulations governing information systems.
- Provide alternative solutions, develop detailed design proposals that specify the products to be developed, user interfaces to systems and conversion requirements;
- Oversee various phases of IT related projects and user requirements, objectives and alternative solutions, by obtaining costs relating to information technology resource requirements;
- Ensure appropriate security and access controls are in place, commensurate with the risk and magnitude of the harm resulting from the loss, misuse, or unauthorized access to or modification of information.
- Provide technical advice to senior management officials and strategic IT recommendations for new and/or substantially modified information technology projects;
- Prepare procurement requests, develop statements of work and review contract proposals, and may serve as a Contracting Officer’s Technical
- Representative(COTR) in monitoring vendor/contractor performances; implementation, evaluation, and/or dissemination of USSS IT components, tools, and procedures;
- Work on complex issues in the planning, analysis, design, development, testing, quality assurance, installation, implementation, maintenance, and/or management of information systems needed to deliver IT services in support of the mission;
- U.S. citizenship is required.
- Submit to a drug test prior to your appointment and random drug testing while you occupy the position.
- Certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so, if you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959.
- Submit to a polygraph examination prior to your appointment.
- Financial Disclosure or Interest report may be required.
Qualification & Experience:
- You must demonstrate at least one (1) year of the defined specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level and meet the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Individual Occupational Requirements (IOR).
Company: U.S. Secret Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Ft. Worth, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A