As the District Manager, you will manage and maximize business strategies for a district consisting of multiple stores. The District Manager is accountable for recruiting and developing management personnel and store teams, ensuring maximum profitability and compliance with company objectives and policies while focusing on the improvement of the client’s experience.
- Provide strategies and opportunities for retention by conducting monthly one-on-one conversations with all managers and creating individual development plans for their continued growth.
- Create action plans to increase profit and control variable expenses by evaluating the P&L on a monthly basis.
- Conduct store visits with the Store Directors and Managers to evaluate and identify business opportunities to improve sales growth, profitability and client service.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition team to recruit, interview and select all management level candidates and establish internal and external succession plans.
- Train, coach, motivate and lead the district’s teams to deliver outstanding client service standards.
- Partner with Human Resources to investigate, assess, and resolve all employee relations’ issues.
- Ensure that all of the district’s Store Directors, Managers, and Beauty Advisors attend mandatory product knowledge and all required company training modules.
- Appraise and acknowledge performance by delivering annual performance appraisals and merit increases.
- Develop strategies to maximize sales potential by accurately forecasting sales, ensuring that the staffing plans are in alignment with the business trends, and adjusting payroll accordingly.
- Ensure that the district’s stores maintain and follow standard operational procedures, loss prevention policies and human resource guidelines.
- Excellent verbal/written communications skills and the ability to influence business partners at all levels.
- Proficient in basic computer skills including Windows, Word, and Excel.
- 3 to 5 years multi-store management experience in a highly complex business environment or exceptional performance in a Sephora Store Director role
- Proven ability to manage time to execute multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Proven ability to create teams by identifying talented store leaders who can train and develop a cast to drive sales and deliver outstanding client service.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A